After graduating from White River Valley High School, Cortney Rowe Givens earned a Bachelor of Social Work degree from Ball State University. Practicing social work at a long-term nursing facility in Indianapolis led Cortney to a desire to provide legal representation to families in a variety of difficult situations. Cortney graduated from Indiana University-Indianapolis School of Law and was admitted to practice law in 2003. Cortney appreciates the opportunity to assist multi-generational clients in planning for both immediate and long-range needs.
Cortney has presented to many community groups regarding planning for incapacity and long-term care expenses and often participates in events at local schools. She has served on the board of Pregnancy Choices in Linton, Indiana and was a founding board member and president of Greene County Voices for Kids, Inc., which provides funds to children living in foster care.
Outside the office, Cortney teaches a preschool Sunday school class and enjoys hiking. She resides in rural Jasonville with her husband and sons.
Primary Practice Areas:
- Elder law
- Estate planning
- Estate administration
- Bachelor of Social Work, Ball State University, 1999
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Indiana University-Indianapolis Law School, 2003
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Greene County Bar Association, former President
- State of Indiana, 2003
- United States Federal District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- United States Federal District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2003